Let’s face it, most of us are way too busy to prepare a full Thanksgiving Day meal. If you have guests coming and have to clean the house, that even compounds the problem. Not to worry, discovering LA has a nice set of Thanksgiving Day options. Some are quite affordable and others lean towards vegetarian. There is something out there for everyone. The following is our Thanksgiving 2017 round up. If you would rather order your Thanksgiving meal to go, we’ve also prepared a list of those options.
Akasha Restaurant (Culver City)
In addition to traditional turkey, Akasha offers a wide variety of vegetarian options.
- Choice of starters: Roasted Cauliflower Bisque with Parsnip Chips, Fuyu Persimmon and Pomegranate salad with coleman lettuce, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds and a golden balsamic dressing
- Choice of three entrees: Herb-Roasted Mary’s Turkey (white or dark meat), West Coast Sable Fish with lobster sauce or Herb Roasted King Trumpet & Hen of the Woods Mushrooms
- Choice of one side: candied yams, brussels sprouts, green bean casserole, shiitake mushrooms & onion frites
broccoli and cauliflower gratin or macaroni & cheese
Pie buffet: organic pumpkin • olive oil pecan-chocolate • sour cherry slab • coconut custard • chocolate-bourbon banana cream • brown sugar sweet potato with maple walnut topping
Hours: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
$80 – per guest • $35 – for children 10 and under
(exclusive of drinks, tax & 20% service charge)
For reservations, call 310.845.1700.
A credit card is required to secure a reservation.
Akasha Restaurant, 9543 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232
Del Frisco’s Grille
What a better way to enjoy your Thanksgiving Dinner with an ocean view. Del Frisco’s location by the Santa Monica pier is ideal for great views and people watching.
- Choice of starters: Deviled Eggs, Butternut Squash Bisque, Holiday Salad
- Main course: Sliced Roast Turkey, Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Sage Apple Sausage Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce
- Choice of: Pumpkin Cheesecake, Nutella Bread Pudding, Molten Chocolate Cake or Salted Caramel Pudding Jar
$49 per person
Hours 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Del Fresco’s Grille, 1551 Ocean Ave Suite 105, Santa Monica, CA
Del Frisco’s Grille
Doma Kitchen (Marina Del Rey)
In addition to Doma Kitchen’s signature dishes, a few specialties such Russian herring dish called Shuba will be available. Shuba is a layered salad made with herring, beets, potatoes, onions, carrots, apples and eggs. Other specialties include Pumpkin Risotto, Pumpkin Soup and Pumpkin Pancakes. The main course will include a traditional Thanksgiving items including oven roasted turkey, French green beans, cranberry & pear relish, bread stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. Pumpkin Cake with sweet cream cheese filling, salted caramel, walnuts, cinnamon & ginger spices rounds out the meal.
Hours: 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Doma Kitchen, 4325 Glencoe Ave #8, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Dominique’s Kitchen (Redondo Beach)
Three course prix-fixe by Chef Dominique Theval
- Choice of housemade country pate, lobster bisque, wild mushroom soup, caesar or organic mixed green salad
- Choice of roasted free range turkey with yam, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy, slow braised beef bourguignon with truffle infused polenta, pan seared sole filet with farmers market vegetables, roasted ham with cranberry and honey, crushed potatoes and crushed apples, farmers market vegetables or assorted gluten-free ravioli with champagne and black truffle
- Choice of macarons, pumpkin pie or Belgian Chocolate Mousse or Panna Cotta
Dominique’s Kitchen 522 S Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
George Petrelli Steakouse
Enjoy a traditional family Thanksgiving Dinner served complete with all of the trimmings.
- White or dark meat turkey, soup, salad, yams, mashed potatoes, housemade stuffing, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie
Adults $33.95, Kids 12 and under $14.95
Hours: Noon till 8 p.m. (regular menu also available)
Reservations highly recommended.
George Petrelli Steakhouse, 5615 Sepulveda Blvd. Culver City, CA 90230; 310.397.1438
Jackson’s Food + Drink (El Segundo)
Jackson’s brings back its traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. Best of all, it is a really good value.
Starter – Choice of Butternut Squash Soup with Fuji Apples and Cheddar Cheese or Roasted Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with watercress, greens, lentils and walnuts
House Brined White or Dark Meat Turkey, Fluffy Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, Brown Sugar Yams, Natural Turkey Gravy, Fresh Cranberry Sauce, Jackson’s Stuffing with Figs and Chestnuts, Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Charred Broccolini with Browned Butter. Choice if pumpkin pie or chocolate pecan pie for dessert.
Adults $34.95, Kids 12 and under $17.95.
Hours: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
For reservations, check their Thanksgiving page.
Jackson’s Food + Drink, 2041 Rosecrans Ave. El Segundo, CA 90245
Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern (Santa Monica)
In addition to their regular dinner menu, JFAT will serve a delicious herb roasted, all-natural turkey breast, with mashed red bliss potatoes, creamed corn, whipped butternut squash, cornbread pine nut stuffing, giblet gravy, cranberry relish, and their signature Brussels sprouts for only $26.
Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern, 1733 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401
The Kettle (Manhattan Beach)
White or dark meat turkey, maple mashed yams, buttermilk whipped potatoes, cornbread stuffing, crispy brussels sprouts with smoked bacon, housemade soup or caesar salad, pumpkin or pecan pie. Only $24.95 per person.
Dinners service starts at 10 a.m. No Reservations. Kids and customers aged 90 or over are half price.
The Kettle, 1138 Highland Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Langham Huntington (Pasadena)
Indulge in a Dim Sum Brunch with sparkling wine and live entertainment
Served 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
$68 per person, $34 per child under 12*
Enjoy an elegant prix-fixe Dinner
Served 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
$75 per person without wine, $110 per person including wine, $37.50 per child under 12*
The Royce Wood-Fired Steakhouse
Prix-fixe Dinner will be served from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
$135 per person without wine, $180 per person including wine; $67.50 per child under 12*
See the menu.
The Huntington Ballroom
A bountiful brunch will be served, including champagne and live entertainment
Served 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
$108 per person, $54 per child under 12*
Langham Huntington, 1401 South Oak Knoll Avenue, Pasadena, California 91106
Lawry’s the Prime Rib (Beverly Hills)
Enjoy tableside-carved turkey with all the trimmings: whipped mashed potatoes, gravy, cornbread apple-and-sage stuffing and cranberry sauce. It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving at Lawry’s without prime rib, so you’ll also have the option of the turkey-and-prime-rib meal ($45) or an entire prime-rib dinner ($41-$64). Finish it off with desserts including pumpkin pie or English trifle for $9 apiece.
Hours: 11 a.m.- 9 p.m.
Price: $39, with additions available
Lawry’s the Prime Rib, 100 La Cienega Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Mari Los Angeles (Century City)
Located in the stylish Intercontinental Hotel in Century City, it is an impressive way to celebrate Thanksgiving!
- First course – choice of butternut squash soup or arugula salad with roasted beets, persimmons and goat cheese.
- Second course – Slow Roasted Prime Ribeye, Roasted Turkey Roulade or Pan Seared Salmon
- Dessert – French Apple Tart, Sweet Potato Tart or Hazelnut Dacquoise
Intercontinental Hotel, 2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, California 90067
Playa Provisions (Playa Del Rey)
Feast on turkey or ham, plus side of chicory salad with blue cheese, pine nuts, apples and sherry vinaigrette; green beans with creamy mustard vinaigrette; roasted acorn squash with sage and brown butter; sausage-and-chestnut stuffing; and of course cranberry sauce. Finish with maple yams with toasted Earl Grey marshmallows, and Pumpkin Pie.
Hours: 3 p.m – 8 p.m.
Price: $35 per adult, $18 per child
Playa Provisions, 119 Culver Blvd. Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Shade Hotel (Manhattan Beach)
Pre-Fixe 3 Course Dinner by Chef Johnny Tran.
- First Course ~ Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, Crispy Duck Carnitas, Compressed Asian Pear, Salt Roasted Pepitas
- Second Course ~ Spice Roasted Turkey Breast, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Gratin, Orange Infused Cranberry Sauce, Black Truffle Turkey Gravy, Haricot Verts with Preserved Lemon and Toasted Almonds, Crispy onion
- Third Course ~ Sticky Toffee Cake, Miso Butterscotch, Caramelized Granny Smith Apples, Puffed Crispy Rice, Vanilla Ice Cream
$55 for Adults and $25 for Children under age 10.
Shade’s traditional menu is also available.
For Reservations Call 310.469.3466
Shade Hotel, 1221 N Valley Dr, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Terranea (Rancho Palos Verdes)
Believe it or not, Terranea has seven dine-in options. Find an Asian-inspired feast at Bashi ($36 per person); a buffet with live music in the grand ballroom ($105 per person); Catalina Kitchen’s buffet, complete with raw bar and carving station ($98 per person); a traditional, more elegant feast featuring Mar’sel’s stunning views ($130 per person); a traditional and casual meal at Nelson’s ($28 per person); a poolside turkey-sandwich affair at the Grill ($20 per person); and Turkey Day classics and bites with a side of sports in the Lobby Bar (à la carte).
Terranea, 100 Terranea Way, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275