The Super Bowl is the final day of the season for professional football. It is the defining moment of who has bragging rights for the year. Food and beer are requirements for a successful Super Bowl party. Don’t want to experience nachos and Budweiser this time around? If so, here are some establishments that are going above the norm for Super Bowl food and drink.
After a sold-out event last year, Ayara Lūk is once again hosting a Game Day Viewing party that will have football fanatics delighted with great eats and drink. This Sunday, Ayara Lūk will host a special Super Bowl Viewing Party from 3 p.m. until the end of the game. Watch the biggest football game of the year on a 100 inch screen. Tickets for the event are $60 in advance, $75 at the door and kids under 5 are free and include all-you-can-eat touchdown worthy eats paired with bottomless Singha beer and soft drinks.
Ayara Lūk’s Super Bowl Viewing Party menu will feature;
- Muay Thai Wings – Marinated fried chicken wings, served with Ayara Thai BBQ sauce
- Chicken Satay Flatbread – homemade dough topped with peanut sauce, curry chicken breast, carrots, and scallions
- N x NE Thai Sausages – Northern Thai herbal pork sausage x Northeastern Thai fermented rice pork sausage grilled and served with ginger, peanuts and chili
- Nam Prik Dip Platter with Seasonal Crudite – an assortment of Thai “Nam Prik” – chili relish- with fresh raw vegetables
- Spicy Thai ‘Lobstah Roll’ – Thai lobster roll with fresh lobster in a creamy lime juice lemongrass dressing on a buttery bun
- Pad Thai Nachos – pad Thai flavored pulled chicken topped on crispy tortilla chips
Ayara Lūk 8740 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045; (310) 881-4498
Surfside Venice will televise the Super Bowl from multiple flat screens throughout the restaurant to accommodate all seating arrangements. Tackle a $15 Tailgate Platter including a selection of jalapeño poppers, wings, mac and cheese wedges and onion rings with ranch dipping sauce or flag down your waiter and try the $8 Beef Sliders as well as Fried Chicken & Waffle Sliders.
If you’re representing the New England Patriots, Chef Jesse will prepare a clam bake loaded with shrimp, clams and mussels. For those craving a juicy, savory and drippy Cheesesteak, hold off on looking for cheap flights to the East Coast as Eagles fans are in for a treat with this one-time only menu item.
There will also be $4 Mimosas, $5 Bloody Mary’s and $7 Well Spirits. Team players can share $14 Bud Light Pitchers or $21 Pacifico Buckets.
Surfside will open its doors at 11 a.m. and serve brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in addition to the above specials running until the end of the game.
Surfside Venice, 23 Windward Ave, Venice, CA 90291; (424) 256-7894
Santa Monica’s first Irish Gastro Pub, Sonny McLean’s, is a great place to catch football games. House-made food specialties include Shepherd’s Pies, Fish & Chips, and New England Ipswich Fried Clams. 40 beers and ciders are offered on tap; 23 flat screen TVs are available. Note that all seats for the big game are reserved in advance.
Sonny McLean’s 2615 Wilshire Boulevard Santa Monica, CA 90403; (310) 449-1811
Beelman’s will provide delicious vegan eats that feature both teams. Their Corn Chowder will represent the New England Patriots and the Philly Cheese Vegan Steak will represent the Philadelphia Eagles. Beelman’s has quite a few craft beers on tap. Craft cocktails and wine are also available.
Beelman’s 600 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90014; (213) 622-1022
Super Bowl Viewing Party at Plan Check, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m Drink Specials, Game Day Snack Specials and Raffle Prizes! Each drink or regular food item purchase earns you a raffle ticket. Grab a bar stool or reserve a table for your crew.
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich Slider [Fried Chicken, Spicy Mayo, Spicy Pickles, Habanero Cheese]
- All American Burger Slider [Beef Patty, Americanized Dashi Cheese, Raw Onion, Bacon Spread, Lettuce, Tomato, Crunch Bun]
- Machismo Burger Slider [Beef Patty, Habanero Cheese, Bacon, Jalapeño, Escabèche, Crispy Fried Onion]
- Green Chile Fries [Green Chile, Pork, Queso Fresco, Crema Mexicano]
- Chicken Wings [BBQ / Korean / Habanero / Spicy Buffalo]
- Pork Belly & Chorizo Nachos [Black Beans, Pepper Jack, Queso Fresco, Jalapeno, Habanero Salsa, Crema, Avocado]
Plan Check Kitchen + Bar, 1111 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017; (213) 403-1616
Barney’s Beanery is a local hangout which is sure to be a great place to watch the big game. For more than 90 years, Barney’s Beanery has sat along the iconic Route 66 in West Hollywood. This casual and comfortable joint is perfect for sports viewing and the bar food is great as well. Guests are always impressed with Barney’s 60 TVs and dig the free WIFI.
Barney’s Beanery has reservations available. Email SuperBowl@barneysbeanery.com with your reservation request. Please include your name, contact info and size of your party.
Barney’s Beanery, 8447 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069; (323) 654-2287
Watch the Eagles take on the Patriots at Church Key LA. This will be an upscale viewing party with large projector screens, an all you can eat buffet with your favorite game-time foods, buckets of beer, and plenty of craft cocktails. Call to reserve your seats.
The Church Key, 8730 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069; (424) 249-3700
TV’s surround the interior of this awesome indoor/outdoor bars in Sherman Oaks making it the perfect place to catch all of the action! The open space is fun, and always has a great crowd no matter what day of the week it is. For Super Bowl Sunday, expect it to be filled with those looking to catch every part of the game, and enjoy a full bar of cocktails, beer and wine.
The Woodman, 13615 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, CA 91423; (818) 386-9401